Thursday, July 28, 2011

My husband and my attitudes

A funny thing happened while I traveled 4,000 miles in a car last week, and 2,400 of it with my mother.  I discovered some things about myself and my children.  I am a better mother than I thought and most of my attitudes toward my husband are made up in my head.  



O.K., I am not sure if any of that made sense, so I am going to explain myself.  I planned and planned, well as much as I could considering I only had 2 weeks to plan on taking my children across country in a sedan with 3 adults in it.      I made these really cool car pocket/ holder thingies... Using their favorite colors and planning it out to hold their favorite objects.  One for my daughter in blue tones, and one for my son in green tones.  I also went out and purchased a portable DVD player.  ( some of the best money I have ever spent!  )  

So off we went, headed toward Indiana, our first layover spot.  We left home at 3 pm and arrived safely with no real hick ups at my Mom's house at 2 am. The children kept themselves occupied and out of trouble, didn't even really argue the whole way.  We stopped at McDonald's for dinner and snacked the rest of the way home to the farm.  We pulled in and went to bed, I have to say, even though my Mom lives in a 120 or so year old house, it feels like home every time I walk in the door. ( first 750 miles)

The first day was mostly catch up and She had me put together a cabinet, that she and my nephew could not build.  It was so funny, all they had done wrong was put in one piece backwards and they were all messed up, they had let it sit on the floor for a month, waiting for me to fix it.    So I did, because that is what my mom counts on me to do for her, every time I visit.


Then we relaxed and went out to dinner, no big hickups.  We then decided that we would leave from the circus on Sunday, if she could drop off the dog at the kennel.  That all worked out!  The circus was so cool.  It is an all children circus with all profits going toward college scholarship!


 This is my daughter, walking back to my Mom's house from our first Geocache!
 This is Liam and Katie in Chili (pronounced Chal-eye) at my Great Grandmother's grave site and the site of our second Geocache.
 Gammy and Liam being very silly, before the circus!
 Boy these kids were good!
 flipping and spinning galore!




  that wire was over 50' in the air, amazing!  So after a 3 hour performance, we went on our way to New Mexico.  I quickly found out that most of the things, I thought my husband got upset about are actually me transferring my attitudes on him.  I have been treating him in the same way my mother and father treated each other and creating the same dynamic.  How ironic is that?


So, for today, I am leaving it that, I am an idiot and if I stay present and be real, I can have a very happy and healthy life!  I love my husband and he is the man I fell in love with and married.  He hasn't changed and I need to accept that he won't change!  


And in all reality the fact that he scares certain people and they can't understand why I am with him, helps me out!  more on that later.  I will continue to chronicle my trip as the weeks go by.

No comments:

Post a Comment