Monday, June 20, 2011

Fault #12, skin care

OK, I know, we are all suppose to wash our faces and wear sunscreen.  I know it, you know it, we all know it....Well, guess what, i don't, really, I don't.  I do not, I repeat, do not take care of my skin!  I hate cleansing my face, spending serious amounts of cash on cleansers, powders, and creams makes me so angry it is not even funny!  I know, I know, we should take car of our skin, we should cleanse, wear sun screen, and wash 2 times a day.

I have many people think I am much younger than I am, and truthfully I want to tell them, it is because I drink lots of water, and always have  liked to wear hats, and I wash my face with water in the shower, no soap!

This is on the left, my name sake Caroline Hostetler Casper ( my maternal great great grandmother)  and on the right my grandmother Grealdine Boswell Reahard. in 1935. The year my Grandmother gave birth to my MOM,( she was 21)

This is a picture of My maternal side, in 1972, my grandmother is center front, at age.... 58..My mom is front row left side., my mom was 37 ....

This is a picture of my grandmother with her mother, my skinny grandma.... She was in her 80's in this undated picture.
Look I keep going back to this, people say they knew nothing of what the sun did to our skin.  When I was growing up many of my friends would put baby oil on and lay out, to bake in the sun.  Some still bake in the sun.  To each his or her own, not me, I found it boring!  besides that my mom would always put a hat on me.  She said the sun will make you old before your time, so always protect your face.  And this was told to her by her grandmother.    

The funny thing is you "should" take care of your skin, I don't and I look younger than most of the people who do....And the trick my friend is STAYING OUT OF THE SUN, or at least keeping your face out of the sun....I'll try and be funny tomorrow....humor is the key to a good life!

No comments:

Post a Comment